Whenever I was asked to "talk about myself" I always had a hard time because I never really knew what to say. I never felt like I had anything "interesting" to say. However, over the years, I have learned that sharing aspects about myself isn't anything to be ashamed of. Instead, it's often exciting being able to look back at achievements such as being the first one in my family to graduate from college and feel a sense of pride.
While considering what to share, through this process, I no longer am scared to talk about myself because many of these moments are apart of my identity. Disclosing my identity and things about me has lead me to have great conversations, meet new people, and learn about the experiences of other people at the same time.
If you are feeling scared or unsure what to share about yourself because you feel like you'll be judged or others won't understand, I am reminded of Isaiah 41:10 (NLT) that says:
"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
With that in mind, here are twenty-two facts about me.
- My full name is Ajea Nicole Stupart
- My first name Ajea, is pronounced "a-jah"
- I was born in Boston, MA
- I graduated from Lasell College '17, Cum Laude
- I have a BA in Communication, with a concentration in Journalism and Media Writing.
- I'm currently in graduate school for Integrated Marketing Communication at my alma mater.
- I am a member of New Beginnings Church in West Roxbury, MA.
- One of my favorite bible verses is Romans 8:28 which says: "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (NLT)
- I work full-time for the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority, as a social media and marketing coordinator.
- I'm also the executive assistant for Boston Caribbean Fashion Week.
- I am a mentor through Minds Matter Boston, a program for low-income high school students.
- I visited Jamaica during summer 2017 for the second time in twenty years.
- As a Jamaican-American embracing my roots is important to me.
- I've always dreamed of being a fashion journalist (but I think this has evolved into something else, which I love)
- I'm obsessed with finding things on Pinterest.
- I have two brothers on my mom's side and two brothers and three sisters on my dad's side. Imagine how hectic the holidays usually are, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
- One of my all-time favorite movies is The Pursuit of Happiness
- I strive to be on time for most things, but I'm guilty of running late.
- Dig-Inn is my favorite place to eat. I believe that food should be sourced locally but also, giving back to local farmers makes me happy.
- I am passionate about fitness but I definitely have a love-hate relationship with burpees.
- The last movie I saw actually in a theater, might've been Dreamgirls.
- I am a pescatarian.